One big lesson everyone who plays paintball will end up learning is that you never know how good someone is until you play with them. What I mean by that is no matter how well you know someone you should never assume that they will be good or bad at paintball. To prove my point to you i will tell you a story about two kids that i recently played with, both are friends of my little brother.
The first plays football and basketball for his school team and from what I can tell runs with what his classmates would consider the popular crowd, his name is Ryan. The other is my brothers neighbor, his name is Ramon. This kid was born in the Philippines and because of his heritage is very small in stature, which sadly sometimes makes him an outcast from the popular social group. His height or rather lack there of often puts him at a disadvantage in athletics. Knowing only this about these two boys you would expect Ryan to do much better then Ramon. However, that is not the case here. In fact Ramon was one of the best I have seen for his age, and even put me to shame a few times.
You see the wonderful thing about paintball is that your skill at it doesn't depend on your physical strength, or how big or fast you are. It's just how good you are at it, in part how smart you are about it. I myself learned this lesson my sophomore year of high school when i played against someone I often gave a hard time. That's why paintball truly is a sport anyone can play. Furthermore, it's a sport almost anyone can be good at. So think about that the next time you talk trash to someone before playing against them.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment